If you are in need of assistance with rehoming your dog and can keep your dog in your home until a new home or a foster is found, we are happy to help you! Here's how our assistance program works:
1. Your dog stays with you, and you act as the foster home. This means you will be forwarded applications for your dog to review. Unlike our dogs in foster though, YOU have the final say on where your dog is adopted to.
2. Once you have selected a home based on the application, you will conduct the phone interview for your dog and we will set up a home visit. Based on the information from both, you will either approve or deny the home.
3. Once you approve a home, you will arrange the meet/greet/adoption. If there is a considerable distance between you and the successful applicant, we can help set up a half-way point meeting, or, if you and the adopter are comfortable, we can arrange transport from you to the adopter.
4. We supply one of our approved collars, rescue ID tag, and microchip (if not already microchipped) for your dog to the adopter.
5. Our contract is used to ensure your dog is returned to you or us should it ever need to be returned from the adopter, and to keep your dog out of the shelter system. You keep a copy, we get a copy, and the adopter gets a copy.
6. You send us a scan of all vet records for us to have on tile in the event the originals get lost. We keep very good records, so all the adopter has to do is email us for a copy and we will send it right away!
7. Our adoption fees are listed on your dog in order to remain consistent with our listing and not draw undue attention due to lower fees. If your dog is under 7 years of age and is spayed/neutered, or if your dog is 7 and over, you get the adoption fee. You can choose to keep it, or make a donation to us. If your dog is NOT spayed/neutered and is under 7, WE get the adoption fee in full until the rebate is issued once the adopter has the surgery done as per contract. At that point, the remaining amount of the fee will become yours to do as you wish with.
8. Once your dog enters our physical care in foster home, you have the option to review applications, but the decision of placement is ultimately ours just as it is with our other dogs in foster. The adoption fee also goes to us at this point.
9. We need you to fill out the form below as thoroughly as possible so that we can write your dogs' bio. We will send you the bio for review before we post your dog on the network. We need photos as well.
10. We ask you to please let us know when your dog is adopted, and whether or not the adopter came through us, or from your other rehoming efforts outside of our organization. If you choose to keep your dog, please let us know immediately so that we can remove the listing and inform any applications for your dog of the change.